– How long have you been cycling?
have been riding a bicycle since a child…many MANY years ago. However, as our own children got a bit older I started more regular cycling for pleasure. So, in answer, I really started cycling about 25 years ago.
– How did you get your taste for cycling?
I have never been a road cyclist. I only use vehicle travelled roads to get from one location to the next off road. I prefer trails and nature!
– What gives you the most satisfaction when you ride your bicycle?
Cycling with my wife Cecilia, meeting new friends on the road. When cycling barriers are broken, we speak one common language “Cycling”. It does not matter what kind of bike one has, there is a bond that cyclist form when they come together, a warmth that makes you want to come back again and again. Besides meeting new friends, I get to discover new places, new roads. I get to reflect a lot while cycling.
– What beautiful part of your country would you like to show at the Bike4tourism event?
Kiambu county, the extensive tea fields and winding roads around the central highlands.
– Which city(ies) or country(ies) would you like to visit or would you like to get to know through the photos shared on May 30th?
Rift Valley here in Kenya, Netherlands, Australia, Mongolia, United Arab Emirates, and Rwanda.
– Leave a sentence that might inspire other participants around the world to join the event.
Keep cycling, meet new friends, push your limits, conserve the environment while staying healthy!
– Do you have any idea how many kilometers you’ve already cycled? Do you count? Or did you just let yourself go?
I would guess slightly over 10000Kms. I have 6000Kms of those recorded since I joined Strava.